Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mentoring

Hey people.

First of all, I've gotta say that I'm so happy with the cg attendance last week! We had 22 present out of 26! I'm excited.. Hehe.

Anyway, as the title is probably self-explanatory, I just want to remind you guys of the mentor-mentee thing that we committed ourselves into last weekend. Please remember to call your mentee and check on them. By checking on them, I don't mean just call to see whether they have done what they wrote on the paper or not. I hope you guys would update each other on the latest happenings in your life. Don't make it strictly 'business', you know what I mean? So yeah. Make sure you call your mentee(s) okie? And if your mentor didn't call you at all this week, please report to me. I'll make sure he/she suffers! Muahahaha...

Some updates from me! Erm.. Classes have been quite good so far. Since I'm only taking 2 subjects this semester, it's not very stressful. However, as it is a short semester (7-week), most of my assignments are due in the next 3 weeks. Which is quite overwhelming considering the fact that I've just started like last week and there are already5 assignments to do. Sigh. Only by God's grace am I going to survive this semester..

Other than that, I'm going to do a naturalistic observation tomorrow. Hehe. I'm not going to explain what that means because it's going to take up an entire paragraph. But basically, I'm going to sit in Secret Recipe for like 3 hours and observe whether people in general go dutch (means, pay for themselves) or treat their friends in meals. That's the topic we chose lah.. So yeah. Pray that I'll be super observant tomorrow. I'm supposed to be inconspicuous (stay 'invisible') and unobtrusive (non-interfering). Heh. I'll update you guys on how it goes. Maybe I'll snap some pictures too. Haha. So much for being inconspicuous ; )

For those who are still in the midst of exams , ALL THE BEST!!! Remember to spend time with God despite all the last minute cramping because the Bible says, "seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these shall be added unto you." (Matt. 6:33) I'll be praying for you guys! You're the best! You can do it! : )

Jamie
xoxo