Monday, May 7, 2007

Hey everyone!

It's been a little quiet around here so I decided to make some noise.. ALAHALAHALAHALAH!!!

Ok that was fun. Hehe. So how has everyone been so far? I've missed most of you guys. Only 10 were present for CG last weekend. What happened to the rest of you lah? Anyway, for those who were absent last Saturday, we briefly learned from the example of Abraham on how to care for our friends. The passage was taken from Genesis 18: 16-33. Basically, the 3 things we can learn through the example of Abraham is:-

1. Be close to God.
When we have a close relationship with God and encounter Him through prayer everyday, He will reveal things about our friends to us.

2. Sense the urgency!
Bear in mind that you're only going to be in high school once! For some, you only have 1 year left to care for your friends of the past 4 years. So the time to care is NOW! Don't wait because you'll never know what will happen tomorrow.

3. Be persistent in prayer.
Have you been praying for your friends? If you haven't, it is not too late! Start praying for their salvation now!

Whoa.. I can preach through the blog! Haha. I just want to encourage you guys to really pray for opportunities to share your testimony with your friends. It doesn't have to be your conversion testimony, it could be simply your daily encounter with God. Tell them how Jesus helped you overcome problems, cared for you or simply just listened to you when you were down. If you're still scared about this, you can start showing God's love to them by caring for them. Doing simple things like doing a favor or writing a note of encouragement.. anything to show that you CARE! Everyone loves to be cared for, right? : ) So, I'll be looking forward to hearing some great testimonies from you guys about your week at school this Saturday okie?

Speaking of which, just to give you a glimpse of what we're doing this weekend.. Remember a year ago, we did a series on Friendship? Well, for those who don't, come and find out lah! We'll be doing something similar but on a different topic. It's going to be fun because there will be activities instead of the normal word time. So come ya?

I hope to see this blog being updated more often. Meaning, I want you guys to post about your day and stuff. So that everyone is connected and we all know what's happening with each other! I'll start first ok =p

Today, I had my first class of Introduction to Abnormal Psychology, Human Development and Personality. My best friend, Caryn, and I were rather lost when we arrived in college. Reason being, we skipped the 'campus tour' part during our orientation last week. Evidently, we had no idea where our class was at. (Lesson: NEVER skip the campus tour part). Anyway, thank God Caryn bumped into some friends who happened to be taking the same subject as us. So, they led us to class. The lecture was held in the auditorium. When I first found out, I was like 'Whoa.. this is gotta be pretty amazing.' Then when I stepped into the auditorium, I was like =.=' Ok lah.. It wasn't that bad. It just wasn't as big as the ones you see in movies. HEHE. It could sit probably 300 people? While waiting for our lecturer to arrive, the place was like a market. People chatting in groups all over. Caryn and I were like lost souls sitting in one corner. Oh well, at least we had each other. Hehe. We were expecting to leave early and then go makan as usually, the first class would be more of introduction to the topic. But NO.. We were so wrong. Dr. Goh, the head of our department, is a special lecturer. A VERY hardworking one. So both of us sat in the auditorium, listening to a 2-hour lecture with an empty stomach. It turned out to be pretty interesting, learning about the stages of development in our lives. Did you know that pregnant women are most susceptible to miscarriages in their 2nd-8th week of pregnancy? NO right? Haha. Thought I'd add some facts to make myself sound smart. Heh =p

After class, we went stationary shopping! Whee.. One thing you should know about me, I love stationary shopping. Hehe. I love new pens and new notebooks. It's been a while since I bought new pens so woohoo! Oh I even got myself a new notebook which I'm very proud of because it's pretty and it's thick and it's got compartments! : D


It looks better in 'real life'. HAHA. But I'm excited and I thought I'd post at least one picture up to compensate for all the words.. I know it's getting boring.. Hehe. Oh well, I'm a happy girl today. Will be copying all my notes into my new notebook later!

Ok I think I've written way too much. This is an example of how I'd like you guys to be. POST SOMETHING LAH! Just write about your day ok! I'd love to read about other people other than myself and all the prayer requests : )

Cheers,
Jamie

No comments: