Thursday, July 24, 2008

Babysitting...



...is not as easy as you think it is...


A week ago, Aunty Karen called and asked if I could babysit her kids for two days as she had to work. So I said YES since I am on holidays and they needed help. Besides, I get paid. ;)



Helping Emma do her homework.
It took me ages to get her to finish ONE page of writing.



Obviously, NOT helping Ewan with his piano. Heh.
I gave that up a loooong time ago. I miss it though. Sigh.

Anyway, since taking up this extra-money-making 'career', and since I have a lot of time to kill, I decided to read up on babysitting facts and/or tips.

And then it hit me, I am so not prepared to be a babysitter, let alone a parent!
Let me share with you why.

I went on this website and read up on babysitting basics. Here are the 3 most basic rules on babysitting:

Rule #1: Be Prepared
Make sure that you have all the emergency numbers (what is the number for the fire brigade in Malaysia? 999?!) and other important numbers at your fingertips (if you're talking about Uncle Jit and Aunty Karen's number, I HAVE IT).

Rule #2: Know What to Expect
Know the family and the neighbourhood. (check)
Know the kids you'll be babysitting. (check)
Know how many kids you'll be babysitting. (duhh.. CHECK)
Know how you'll get home. (erm...)
Eating(check), bathing(check), homework(check) and other fun stuffs(erm what fun stuffs?!).

Rule #3: Stay Focused on the Kids at ALL TIMES
(self-explanatory)
Last week, I sorta put on a video for Emma and took a snooze on the couch.
Well, I guess this rule doesn't apply in my case.

If only I could do this...

:)

Hehe. But other than the rules that I have to follow, babysitting them can be fun as well.



After homework, Emma wanted to play so I played board games with her.



It was pretty easy so I let her win ;) Hee.



Then later, Ewan introduced us to his customized game. He made it himself! He reminded me of the days when my friends and I used to make up our own games in primary school.



"You are killed by astroids. Go back 8 spaces." =.=


Ewan teaching Emma how to play his game.
A picture that makes you go 'awww...' :)

Babysitting certainly teaches me how to deal with children. Which is good because I need to deal with one bunch of them every Saturday. HAHA. Totally kidding. You guys rock!

That's it for now. I should get back to attending Emma. Hee. Hope to see you all on Saturday!
Speaking of which, I think none of you should miss it because there's a special surprise! ;)

Ciao!
xxx