Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bangkok trip

Hey y'all!

(trying to sound like a rapper).. Haha. How have you guys been? Seriously, if it wasn't for me and Kay Lee, this blog can shut itself down. Where are the posts?! I'm sure that there are exciting stories that you guys want to share about right? What's holding you back? If it's laziness, then you got to pray hard because laziness is a SIN!

Anyway, just thought I'd share a little about my Bangkok trip. It was G R E A T! OMG. For a shopaholic like me, that place is like heaven. I was there for 4 days and 4 nights. My uncle and his family came from Hat Yai and met us there. Got to see my little cousins!

(Baby Vincent. I'm biased. Didn't take a picture of my other cousin =p )

The best part of the trip was, our shopping was sponsored! Woohoo! Went crazy over there. Well, not entirely. We (mum and I) were given a certain amount of money to spend. Which was quite a lot. And I was all excited on the first day. Guess what? By the third day, we were topping up our own money.. Just imagine how cheap were the things there! Let me give you a scenario:

* Jamie walks into a shop and takes a look around *

* Jamie: Excuse me, how much is this? *

* Shopkeeper: 120 baaaaht. Buy 3, 100 baaaaht. (they emphasize a bit on the As) *

* Jamie starts picking even though she doesn't like it very much *

Now, that is just ONE instance. Imagine that, but like multiply it 10 times. Probably more. Haha. Anyway, it was definitely a fruitful time, not only shopping-wise but also in the times spent with my relatives. I found out that my aunty is cool! Mainly because she's kinda young. Hehe. Some pictures of the trip:

(Mum & I cam-whoring in the cab)

(Random garden thingy near my hotel)

(The biggest t-shirt I've ever seen)

(Vincent passed his bedtime yet happily taking photo with me =D )

I didn't get to take many pictures as I forgot to bring my camera. Yeah, smart Jamie.. But all in all, the trip was good. Had good food and good times with my family. Also, we established a better relationship with my mum's credit card company : ) Haha. I'd go back there anytime! Probably with my friends next time. That would be fun.. Anyone wants to join me? ; )

Alright. Bedtime for me. I want to see the next post coming from one of YOU okay? Be prepared for DBS this week! Remember that we're meeting in Room 104 instead. Before that, meet at Room 109 for Pre-DBS-Congregation at 2.30! And don't bully Sylvia! Oh wait, there's Troy this week. BE PREPARED FOR HIM! Hehe : ) Take care!

Jamie
x